Laser Toner Cartridges – Cutting Costs
By Colm J Bones
With years in the exciting industry of ink and toner cartridges I have come across a huge amount of different manufacturers claiming to offer the best value on laser toners be it original manufacturer or the much talked about compatibles.
Personally I am a huge fan of compatible toner cartridges especially considering the savings that can be made as against the big brands.
In the industry it is largely accepted that mono (black toners) have been mastered by most of the compatible manufacturers and that there is no difference in quality between an OEM toner and a compatible. For this reason I find it very frustrating that some businesses still insist on using OEM toners for their mono machines as they could literally be saving thousands of euro a year if they switched to compatibles.
Mono laser toners have come down a huge amount in price over the last few years due to competition and in particular the emergence of the online store in this industry has really pushed prices down everywhere in the compatible.
A good compatible toner cartridge will cost between €30 – €50 and will do anything from 1,000 pages up wards.
It’s the colours that cause the problems. No compatible manufacturer has really mastered the colour laser toners. This is because they are much more difficult. True some compatible brands colour toners are very good and not far off of the OEM toners but all in all my experience is that at some stage you will get a problem with compatible colour toners.
So in conclusion,if you are looking to cut costs and printing in black you really should be using compatible toners as you will not notice any different. In colour it is worth the risk going for compatibles but just make sure that wherever you get them from guarantee the toner and will replace if you have any problem.
If you are not printing a huge amount of colour you could potentially be better off using a mono laser machine for your black and then getting a good inkjet machine for your colour. The reason being compatible colour inkjets are as good as the OEM and obviously much better value. Read More…
NEW YORK (AP) — Microsoft is bringing a pared-down version of its Office software to Android phones, but it won’t work on Android tablets just as it doesn’t on iPads.
The software requires a $100-a-year subscription to Office and won’t be sold separately.
Microsoft Corp. is trying to make its subscription more compelling, without removing an advantage that tablet computers running Microsoft’s Windows system now have — the ability to run popular Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
With a subscription, customers typically get to use Office on up to 10 devices, including five iPhones or Android phones. A subscription can be more expensive than buying the package outright for just one or two computers.
Like an iPhone version released in June, the Android software is designed for lightweight use.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or…
View original post 29 more words
Make Your Life Easier With iPad Accessories
By Pinky Ahmad
A variety of iPad accessories include, the cases, USB cables, headphones, speakers, adapters and many others. Not every accessory has same function, but they are all unique in their own way. These accessories play a vital role in safeguarding a phone, and in making the better use of the iPad. Some popular accessories are described below:
• The most important iPad accessories include the case so that you can protect the gadget from any kind of harm. Such cases also enhance the looks of your gadget. You can find such covers in different colors, designs and different price range. Some covers are made from silicon, whereas some are made from leather. The former type provides excellent grip, whereas the leather cases are ideal for flip open models. No matter what you buy, the quality should be excellent.
• Other accessories include USB cable and Bluetooth, which are also essential for daily use, because they help in transferring the important data.
• Similarly, a screen protector is also necessary because you can protect the screen from any harm.
• Adapter is another accessory that permits a user to mirror something on the iPad screen that can be displayed to a compatible program for people to view them.
• A cable is used to connect the iPad to a TV to watch movies.
• There is another form of adapter that connects the iPad to TV or the monitor. This adapter is compatible with many models, and it also supports mirroring.
• A camera connection kit is also available, which includes USB, and two adapters. This accessory is compatible with all models of the iPad, and allows photos and videos to be transferred from an iPhone, but not from the camera.
• The power cord is also very important, which is 1.8 meters long, and it allows an iPad to be used while on charge. It also comes with an adapter and a 30-pin dock connector cable.
• A wireless keyboard is used for typing purpose, and it is based on a Bluetooth technology that connects it to all the models. Some companies also give it as a free accessory along with the iPad.
• Headphones are also available for every model, and like every other accessory you have to buy it. Some other accessories include, a remote and a microphone attached to the cord that is compatible with all models, and they are very economical.
The given detail will help you understand more about the iPad accessories. Read More…
How do you choose a hosting provider when there are thousands of hosting companies available online? It’s like going through the yellow pages trying to find burger restaurants. There are lots of them. Hopefully these tips will steer you in the right direction.Important factors in selecting a web hosting company include the percentage of server uptime. 98 to 99% uptime is the dream standard for server uptime, 65% is unacceptable. The higher the downtime of a server, the lower the potential for traffic at your web site. Another consideration is how much space is provided for the files that will make up your web site. How much bandwidth is in your package? Monthly bandwidth is the amount of data transfer allowed for visitors to view and use your web site.
With today’s changing trends in web hosting services, it is important to get as much server space and bandwidth as you can. This will allow for necessary updates and increased traffic to your site as it becomes more popular. Read More…
It’s easy to get lost in all the details of building a great video or computer game – so easy in fact, that we can forget the parts of a game that make them fun to play. The following serves as a gentle reminder of what prompts players to play games in the first place. Refer to this reminder in the event that you get bogged down or distracted with confusing C++ syntax, or lines and lines of Visual Basic statements and DLL structures.
1. Remember the player is the main character. Here’s a secret between you and me: People play games to gain a sense of control. If you can manage to program your game in a way that puts the player in control, then you’ve already won half the battle. This doesn’t mean to suggest that the game should be easy. It simply means that when a gamer runs home from school or drives home from work to play a video game, she wants to feel the control that she didn’t have during the hours between nine and five. The outcome of a game – whether it’s a win or a loss – should never be random, but the result of a good, controlled game play instead.
2. KISS. Remember that acronym? It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid. We all know that programming a game is hard business, but believe us when we say we don’t want to be reminded of it. The difficulty of programming a game should never be part of the game play so when possible, make the game easy to start, easy to navigate, and of course, easy to play. We’re not asking for pre-school strategy here, but on the other hand, we don’t want to feel as dumb as a pre-schooler either. Forget the hundred page manual. Nobody except the truly obsessed is going to read it anyway. Build your game for the average Joe and everyone will be your fan.
3. Add plenty of action. And add lots of it too. The more action you add to your game, the more attention players will pay attention to it. And the more that players pay attention to your game, the more addictive your game gets. For every action that a player’s character makes, have the game react and then prompt the player for more. Read More…
All this has happened before and all this will happen again. The latest numbers from Canalys show that Android has now overtaken iOS as the world’s most-used tablet operating system, thanks largely to a flood of smaller devices put on the market by Samsung. Overall Canalys found that Samsung’s tablet shipments nearly quadrupled between the second quarter of 2012 and the second quarter of 2013, going from just 1.9 million last year to 7.4 million this year. Samsung wasn’t the only manufacturer to show a big increase in tablet shipments, however, as Amazon’s shipments grew from 425,000 in Q2 2012 to 1.55 million in Q2 2013 while Lenovo’s tablet shipments grew from 354,000 in Q2 2012 to 1.5 million in Q2 2013. Canalys also says that Apple’s tablet shipments have actually declined year-over-year, going from more than 17 million in the second quarter last year to 14.6 million…
View original post 6 more words